Thursday 17 February 2011

Politics Quotes

A conservative is a man who just sits and thinks,but mostly sits.
Woodrow Wilson

A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never learned how to walk forward.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

A conservative is one who admires radicals centuries after they're dead.
Leo Rosten

A diplomat is a person who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you actually look forward to the trip.
Caskie Stinnett

A fool and his money are soon elected.
Will Rogers

A free America... means just this: individual freedom for all, rich or poor, or else this system of government we call democracy is only an expedient to enslave man to the machine and make him like it.
Frank Lloyd Wright

A leader in the Democratic Party is a boss,but in the Republican Party he is a leader.
Harry S. Truman

A liberal is a man or a woman or a child who looks forward to a better day, a more tranquil night, and a bright, infinite future.
Leonard Bernstein

A liberal is a man who is willing to spend somebody else's money.
Carter Glass

A politician will do anything to keep his job - even become a patriot.
William Randolph

A war for a great principle ennobles a nation.
Albert Pike

After much prayerful consideration, I feel that I must say I have climbed my last political mountain.
George C. Wallace

All the president is, is a glorified public relations man who spends his time flattering, kissing, and kicking people to get them to do what they are supposed to do anyway.
Harry S. Truman

Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.
John Quincy Adams

America's present need is not heroics but healing; not nostrums but normalcy; not revolution but restoration.
Warren G. Harding

An idea not coupled with action will never get any bigger than the brain cell it occupied.
Arnold H. Glasow

And after I make a lot of money, I'll be able to afford running for office.
Christy Romano

Any American who is prepared to run for president should automatically, by definition, be disqualified from ever doing so.
Gore Vidal

Apparently, democracy is a place where numerous elections're held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
Gore Vidal
He who knows how to flatter also knows how to slander.
Napoleon Bonaparte

Healthy citizens are the greatest asset any country can have.
Winston Churchill

Hell hath no fury like a bureaucrat scorned.
Milton Friedman

Hell, I never vote for anybody, I always vote against.
W. C. Fields

I always voted at my party's call, and I never thought of thinking for myself at all.
William Gilbert

I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end.
Margaret Thatcher

I can't let important policy decisions hinge on the fact that an election is coming up every 90 days.
Gerhard Schroeder

I do have a political agenda. It's to have as few regulations as possible.
Dan Quayle

I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts.
Will Rogers

I have a fantasy where Ted Turner is elected President but refuses because he doesn't want to give up power.
Arthur C. Clarke

I have no ambition to govern men; it is a painful and thankless office.
Thomas Jefferson

I know many writers who first dictate passages, then polish what they have dictated. I speak, then I polish - occasionally I do windows.
Edward Koch

I should prefer to have a politician who regularly went to a massage parlour than one who promised a laptop computer for every teacher.
A. N. Wilson

I think it's a terrible shame that politics has become show business.
Sydney Pollack

I think there is one higher office than president and I would call that patriot.
Gary Hart

I was a woman in a man's world. I was a Democrat in a Republican administration. I was an intellectual in a world of bureaucrats. I talked differently. This may have made me a bit like an ink blot.
Jeane Kirkpatrick

I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.
Barry Goldwater

I've been to war, it's not easy to kill. It's bloody and messy and totally horrifying, and the consequences are serious.
Oliver Stone

If a politician murders his mom, the first response of the press or of his opponents will likely be not that it was a terrible thing to do, but rather that in a statement made six years before he had gone on record as being opposed to matricide.
Meg Greenfield

No comments:

Post a Comment