Thursday 17 February 2011

Music Quotes

After silence, that which considered nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.
Aldous Huxley

Good music resembles something. Good music stirs by its mysterious resemblance to the objects and feelings which motivated it.
Jean Cocteau

All music is beautiful.
Billy Strayhorn

Any good music must be innovation.
Les Baxter

But when you get music and words together, that can be a very powerful thing.
Bryan Ferry

Classical music is that kind we keep thinking will turn into a tune.
Kin Hubbard

Composers shouldn't think too much - it interferes with their plagiarism.
Howard Dietz 

All over the world, music enhances a hall, with one exception: Carnegie Hall enhances the music.
Isaac Stern

For me, singing sad songs often has a way of healing a situation. It gets the hurt out in the open into the light, out of the darkness.
Reba McEntire 

I have Van Gogh's ear for music.
Billy Wilder

Hell is full of musical amateurs.
George Bernard Shaw

I asked my daughter when she was 16, What's the buzz on the street with the kids? She's going, to be honest, Dad, most of my friends aren't into Kiss. But they've all been told that it's the greatest show on Earth.
Ace Frehley

I don't care much about music. What I like is sounds.
Dizzy Gillespie

I don't know anything about music. In my line you don't have to.
Elvis Presley

I think music in itself is healing. It's an explosive expression of humanity. It's something we are all touched by. No matter what culture we're from, everyone loves music.
Billy Joel

I wake up in the morning, I do a little stretching exercises, pick up the horn and play.
Herb Alpert

I was born with music inside me. Music was one of my parts. Like my ribs, my liver, my heart. Like my blood. It was a force already within me when I arrived on the scene. It was a necessity for me-like food or water.
Ray Charles

I was growing up listening to Queen. Freddie Mercury threw those incredible melodies into his songs.
Gary Cherone

I've said that playing the blues is like having to be black twice. Stevie Ray Vaughan missed on both counts, but I never noticed.
B. B. King

If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music.
Gustav Mahler

Music is love in search of a word.
Sidney Lanier

Music is moonlight in the gloomy night of life.
Jean Paul

Music is my religion.
Jimi Hendrix

Music is nothing else but wild sounds civilized into time and tune.
Thomas Fuller

Music is something that always lifts my spirits and makes me happy, and when I make music I always hope it will have the same effect on whoever listens to it.
Aaron Carter

Music is the best means we have of digesting time.
W. H. Auden

Music is the fourth great material want, first food, then clothes, then shelter, then music.
Christian Nestell Bovee

Music is the movement of sound to reach the soul for the education of its virtue.
Plato

Music is the shorthand of emotion.
Leo Tolstoy

Music is the soul of language.
Max Heindel

Music is very spiritual, it has the power to bring people together.
Edgar Winter

Music is well said to be the speech of angels.
Thomas Carlyle

Music should be your escape.
Missy Elliot

Music was my refuge. I could crawl into the space between the notes and curl my back to loneliness.
Maya Angelou

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.
Berthold Auerbach

Music when healthy, is the teacher of perfect order, and when depraved,is the teacher of perfect disorder.
John Ruskin

Music, in performance, a type of sculpture. The air in the performance is sculpted into something.
Frank Zappa

Music's not like becoming a doctor, which can walk into a community and find people who need him.
Charlie Byrd

Music's staying power is a function of how timeless the lyrics, song and production are.
Gary Wright

My father used to sing to me in my mother's womb. I think I can name about any tune in two beats.
Yancy Butler

No comments:

Post a Comment